We missed you last week as we had a few personal things on our plate. Please collect your free cuddle once you’ve read this weeks entry! This week we’re bringing you a hard hitting 5-5-5 fiasco. We’ve got 5 different people to ask 5 questions for our 5th blogpost to celebrate Jonni & Jas’ Fakkeltalk. Our feature will be placing [FB] Fisshu, EG.Cyzer, [j]‘ Morfff, TCM|Evil and [FB] Cook.
The questions we’ve asked them are as follows:
- Tell us a little about yourself, start with your prior gaming experience, leading up to the clan you play for now.
- What do you think the future holds for TF2 and how will your clan hold up in this future?
- Would you like to see anything changed to how your class is used in competitive play (that’s why I wanted 5 different classes)
- Who is your favourite person you’ve come to know through TF2?
- If you could have 1 wish in the world (except wishing for more wishes,) what would it be and why?
[FB]Fisshu, FakkelBrigade’s fearsome scout, who is still hard at work, trying to learn TF2
1. Im currently studying a degree in Digital Forensics and spending far too much time playing online computer games. When I was 13 a friend recommended I buy halflife, I was hooked instantly and it wasn’t long before I discovered TFC. I played in the competitive scene but wasn’t any good, as was the case with CS 1.6 for around 2-3 years. Currently I am playing in FakkelBrigade and enjoying my time there, with the addition of Byte we have stepped up our game and are looking to hold our spot in ETF2L Div1 for next season. Having someone with such experience calling can make us a top 5 European team, as we have proven with map wins against Coolclan and TCM in ETF2L Season 5.
2. If im honest, im a little concerned about the future of TF2. There have been some decent teams folding recently which isn’t good for the scene, its not exactly a dying game (the regular updates are slowing down the process) but obviously its inevitable. Competitive play is in dire need of some new maps, the constant games on Badlands/Granary are starting
to take its toll on me and, probably, many other players. The game will never get as recognised as it really deserves to be, which is a shame. The actual game mechanics are great and really call upon strong teamplay to succeed, its cartoony approach definitely deters a lot of people from trying it out. FB seem to be going strong at the moment but I can’t really speak for the future, I accept that people have lives and that anything is possible! Folding in the near future is unlikely though :] we are all good mates and decent players that simply love to play tf2.
3. Yes, give the scout 1000hp and two scatter guns to hold in either hand. no rly, the scout is perfectly balanced. A lot of people would like to see the FaN banned in competitive play but I don’t agree, players need to learn how to deal with the new unlockable and stop battling an evolving game.
4. Jimmybreeze! That guy changed my life (but probably not for the better). He used to be a pub hero in a community called Knifeback Mountain, one fateful day I joined his scrubfest of a server and we got chatting. Suddenly I found myself playing scout in his 6v6 team and here I am now, playing TF2 daily for 3-4 hours. Thanks brizzle (faggot)
5. To be good at Team Fortress 2 ¬_¬
EG.Cyzer, Evil Genius’ very talented Scout is also from Canada and lives near coL.Reptile
1. Salutations, My name is Paul ‘cyzer’ Sandhu and I play main scout for Evil Geniuses (www.myeg.net). I previously played Q3 for about 6-7 years with teams like SIT clockwork affliction CCCP and lolz. I then moved on to TF2 with lolz (myself, casey, brandon, looloo, amrit, instin and erok) and once that died I joined 20id (myself, ginc, hubris, motard, drakka, alexwut) and once that died I joined idemise/dev (myself, phelon, paladin, punisher, reen, rem, glue… the list goes on) and finally I ended up in Evil Geniuses (myself, amrit, casey, destro, yaug, hero, wop) and that is where I am today… unfortunately. Those EG guys are jerks. I heard destro is a French Canadian seperatist that hates freedom and democracy.
2. The future for TF2 is sort of split. Online-wise the game is doing great.. we have 2 solid and established leagues that are consistently supporting the game at a high level and we also have top tier gaming organizations picking up TF2 teams (EG, coL, pandemic, 20id, and new comer Loaded) so in that regard we’re doing fantastic. However LAN events seem only to be in Europe and the lack of North American lans are disappointing, if there was one problem with this community it’s that. Quake players have Quakecon to look forward to, perhaps we need a Valvecon or a NA Community Lan like you guys have.
As for our clan we have been doing very well lately and we enjoy playing together, that’s something that is very important for a team to suceed. The chemistry is there and the communication is open so I think the sky is the limit as we gel together to form a very solid team. We are also quite possibly the most whimsical team in TF2 doing making lots of beautiful music together… One day I may present to the world ‘momo.mp3 by destro and produced by casey’ …
3. The scout needs to be rid of his sandman weapon. That was a horrible idea, not going to lie. Replace it with a jetpack.. that would be sick.
4. Um too many to choose, I love everyone. Everyone in EG.tf2 is awesome (except casey, destro, amrit, yaug, hero, and wop those guys suck male private parts) and basically everyone I’ve clanned with thus far. Theres also Reptile, dummy, thefragile, dion, phelon, rem, reen, ehFk … this is going to take awhile. If I’ve spent 10 minutes talking to you I probably <3 you. destro is gay though, hate that guy.
5. I wish to have the powers of Superman. IMAGINE IT! You could do pretty much anything in the world, be immortal, move at the speed of light, ANYTHING! I would totally join the NBA and run and jump just a bit better than everyone else and make millions of dollars. Belt 150hrs in MLB (anything more people might suspect something) and I could end all wars by becoming the supreme leader of the world. And crush Rush Limbaugh.
[j] Morf, a wicked swedish multiclasser, also known to be an absolute sexbomb!
1. Im Oskar, 18 years old this year. I live in beautiful Sweden, the weather is totally shit now anyway. I go to secondary upper high school during fall and spring, studying for programmer. Im really new to the fps genre, been playing the Mario series since it was out on Nintendo 64, which is basicly for as long as ive lived. I played Battlefield Modern Combat on PS2 for some while, only on singleplayer mode though, so that doesnt count does it.
I was introduced to TF2 through a friend who bought The Orange Box, i did the same and got stuck with TF2. Been that way ever since. Started playing with the swedish clan Slackerz in mid February 2008, i believe, thats where i got my basic introduction to competetive gameplay in TF2, those guys are really to thank for alot. When Slackerz folded, in April/May i got an offer from hb0da (ulv and the gang), which i played with for roughly 3 months up until summer. I left hb0da during the summer to join Normal Kombat, where i got my pwn skillz! We played on and off but got pretty much fed up of the game in terms of the huge amount of praccing we did during the summer. We folded in late summer 2008. Roughly in August, early september swetur/eX contacted me and made an offer to join jÄgarna, who was gonna do a rebuild of their team with some promising players, i joined them, and theres where i am today! Been with them for a year soon, the rest of the TF2 world should really learn to have fun with your team
2. I think TF2s future is bright actually, in opposite to many other. The game is slowly growing bigger and bigger, which takes time. Such a shame that TF2 didnt got as much attention as it should at the UKeSA LAN Finals. I think jÄgarna are gonna do fine once we get back as active as we want, which will probably be in the fall. We got some interesting stuff coming up that should keep us focused. And atleast i am happy with our place in Season 5, we havent been active at all during the summer, been playing when we got players.
3. No not really, i think the demoman is fine. Its hard to change anything with any class and still keep the game as balanced as it is. Im happy with my G for now.
4. Oh man, way to many to choose from, dont wanna name anyone so i wont forget someone. Ive met so many great people through the years. All the guys and the girl (!) in jÄgarna are all great and funny persons and im proud and glad to know them. Going for jLan II this summer, end of July! Cant wait!
5. You (Jonni) in latex? World peace ok, PEACE OUT!
TCM|Evil, terifying UK soldier who played for the former TCM and now plays for the new TCM
1. Hello, my name is Paul, I started out playing online games about 8/9 years ago. I started out playing Team Fortress Classic and stayed with TFC for several years playing Soldier for several top teams. When Dark Age of Camelot came out a lot of players from the TFC community started to play it, and i followed, i played DaoC for a while then moved back to TFC for abit, before moving onto Counter Strike 1.6. I played 1.6 for a long time, I played for a few top UK teams with and attended some 1.6 LANs. When mine and Toms (Light) 1.6 team folded he started to play TF2 and I carried on for a while, however Light told me how good TF2 was competitively so I joined ^wotr^ with him. After a while ^wotr^ got to be quite a good team and they became Team Cooler Master, unfortunately they folded a few months ago and I joined the new TCM team.
2. Im not sure what the future holds for TF2, however there does seem to be more new players coming into the game, however at the same time several top players are leaving and getting bored of the game. Personally I think this is because of the lack of competitive maps, something which will be helped by Valves announcement. Hopefully there will be another UkeSA which means that there will once again be a competition with a large prize fund and another Community LAN. I would like to see more LANs and more full teams attending them. I think the current TCM will be okay for the future the team has been together for a while before I joined and although it is summer and obviously people would rather be outside once summer is over I think we will be back active again.
3. I would like to see some things changed with the Soldier class, the main problem I have is the self-damage from your own rockets. The amount of self damage caused by yourself in battle is usually what decideds the outcome of your battle and although it obviosuly is a skill that you need to learn, not to desmolish yourself, it is fairly difficult when scouts do so much damage close to you and you therefore have to kill him quickly with your rocket launcher.
The other problem I have is the fall off damage from rockets, you should be rewarded for hitting those difficult long range rockets not punished by massive amounts of fall off damage which do no damage, and althoug i believe there should be some fall off to deter spam, i don’t think the fall off should be as much.
4. I suppose the person i know best in the community is Light, however i have known him for a long time since TFC. If we are talking about just TF2 though my favourite person ive come to know is probably Stealthy. Stealthy joined ^wotr^ at about the same time as me and we played together for a long time in ^wotr^ and TCM, hes probably my favourite because we were LAN room-mates and every LAN we attended we shared the same room and had a good fuck.
5. My one wish in the world would be a Pickachu because Pikachu is the only pokemon i need to compelete my pokedex and become the ultimate pokemon master.
[FB]Cook, The Welsh menace, high-end medic and fearless soldier who likes sheep
1. I’m Cai, I live in Wales. I played various TGE based games leading up to 2003(Torque Game Engine, Tribes, so on) but nothing competitive, just for fun, eventually moving to cs 1.6 in about the end of 2003, I was completely crap. When HL2 came out, I played CSS and turned out to be a beast, and played with a good clan called D-Block with tr1ce for a while, before going to “Zombie Horde” mod on CS:S for fun, eventually TF2 came out, and I instantly bought it. I then proceeded to destroy pubs for no less than 1 year, and at the end of this year I started playing and talking to Malignant Malicious MeDiC, or MeDiC a lot, one of the local FB’s of MPUK Dustbowl 02. I was interested about how matches were played in TF2, and since he would always leave to play them, I assumed they happened often and asked if I could merc. After a few games with FB, I tried trialling for them. I wasn’t very good, but accepted nonetheless, and this was back before Season 3. I as playing Soldier. And that’s how I ended up in FB.
2. I see TF2 going smaller temporarily due to NS2, but continuing to grow due the fantastic updates which draw more players in. Not sure how competitive will be effected. As for teams, I’ll be with FB for a while, till the end of the Season, and i’ll see what offers I get then, but I really have no problems staying in FB as backup, since FB are awesome.
3. Team Fortress 2 is good enough as it is. Except for the obvious class changes there’s nothing i’d need added to this game.
4. is a very tough call. I’ve got to know and like many people through TF2, all of FB, and the 2nd teams are all great people, but i’d have to say MeDiC since he’s very funny to play with, has a nice accent, and is a good rival.
5. This one is easy, lots and lots of money. Because money buys other wishes.
Thank you to our five players for taking the time to be featured on Fakkeltalk and special thanks to Evil Genious for allowing cyzer to join us. If you have any ideas of what you would like to see on Fakkeltalk, grab either Jonni or Psunfragga through #fakkelbrigade on Quakenet. Your weekly dose of Fakkeltalk will be here on time next week with more community news, gossip and interviews.
For now though, grab a joint, get naked and launch TF2 with a beer – here’s to a long future of Fakkeltalk!